08.04.2009

The All-American Rejects - Gives You Hell

Dass die "All-American Rejects" eher rockigere Töne anschlagen dürfte bekannt sein...dennoch ist ihr neues Album "When The World Comes Down" auf jeden Fall auch etwas für zartere Gemüter, denn es bietet tolle melodische Abwechslung und macht auch beim Durchhören immer gute Laune ;)

Der TonKünste Tipp dieses Albums ist der Bonus Track "Sunshine", der unserer Meinung nach das heimliche Highlight dieses Albums ist...aber für den Moment gibts erstmal die aktuellen Single der Rejects mit dem Titel "Gives You Hell" plus den Songtext für euch...also viel Spaß beim mit Rocken...

"Gives You Hell"



Songtext:

"Wake up every evenin'
With a big smile on my face, and it never feels out of place.
You're still probabally workin', at a 9 to 5 pace. I wonder how bad
that tastes.

When you see my face, (I) hope it gives you hell, hope it gives you hell.
When you walk my way, (I) hope it gives you hell, hope it gives you hell.

Now where's your picked fence love?
Where's that shiny car?
Did it ever get you far?
You never seemed so tense love.
I've never seen you fall so hard, do you know where you are?

And truth be told I miss you
And truth be told I’m lying

When you see my face, (I) hope it gives you hell, hope it gives you hell.
When you walk my way, (I) hope it gives you hell, hope it gives you hell.
When you find a man that’s worth a damn and treats you well
Then he’s a fool, you’re just as well, hope it gives you hell

Tomorrow you'll be thinking to yourself , " Where did it all go wrong?"
Bit the list goes on and on.

(repeat pre- chorus and chorus)
Now you'll never see, what you've done to me.
You can take back your memories, they're no good to me. Now here's all
your lies, you can't look me in the eyes, with that sad sad look that
you wear so well.

(chorus)
When you see my face, (I) hope it gives you hell, hope it gives you hell.
When you walk my way, (I) hope it gives you hell, hope it gives you hell.

When you hear this song and you sing along but never tell
Then you’re the fool, I’m just as well, hope it gives you hell

When you hear this song I hope that it will give you hell
You can sing along I hope that it puts you through hell..."

1 Kommentar:

Anna hat gesagt…

Jaaa, "Gives you hell" ist ein geiles Lied, aber noch besser ist "I wanna" - die neue Single von The All-American Rejects!! Veröffentlicht wird sie am 14.08 und vorab könnt ihr sie euch schon anhören und - sehen:
http://www.myvideo.de/watch/6602688/The_All_American_Rejects_I_Wanna

Wer die All-American Rejects auch mal live erleben will, bekommt im Oktober seine letzte Chance für dieses Jahr. Hier die Dates:

22.10 Köln
24.10 München
25.10 Berlin
26.10 Hamburg